Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 12: Warning: Grapefruits can be harmful to your health

I'm developing an overuse injury from juicing grapefruits! My wrist is definitely a bit sore from pressing down on my manual citrus juicer. I'm going to have to be a wee bit more mindful of that going forward. I do have an old-style lever citrus juicer that I can use if need be, but I'm just going to try to modify for now and see if it helps.

My extra energy is definitely starting to take a new form now. I really, really, really want to exercise every day. Maybe this will become my next addiction! I was super bummed out because I forgot that I had to take my son to a speech therapy appointment in the morning, only remembering at the last minute. I had been planning to go to a Bikram yoga class. As it turned out I didn't get in any exercise all day.

I'm finding that the food is getting easier IF I'm at home with everything under my own control. Dinner is still, how shall I say? Not a challenge exactly because I'm not caving in, but bothersome? Watching everyone else eating other stuff that looks really yummy. I am making a point not to fix any of my old favorites for the present time, as I don't really want to torture myself. Basically, I'm getting to where the feeling is still there but it doesn't tug at me quite as much, just because I'm getting out of the habit of actually eating that other stuff. I'm finding I'm not consciously thinking about it as much -- at home anyway -- even if I have all kinds of indulgences in the back of my mind.

As for my calorie intake, I am aware that it's generally pretty low right now, especially if I eat not overt fats (nuts, avocado) that day. But I'm actually eating an amount that feels right to me for now (stuffing myself, actually). I'm also aware that I'll probably drop weight pretty fast at this rate. But I don't really care about that either, and not just for girlie vanity. I have read that toxins are stored in your adipose tissue, so the sooner it comes off, the better, goes my rationale. Maybe then I'll stop craving everything for good.

Food:
Sorry, I forgot to measure some stuff.
  • 3 bananas
  • 2 cups grapefruit juice
  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • Smoothie: Head of lettuce (308 g), 1 lb. 3/8 oz grapes (470 g), 6 oz blueberries
Calories: 1148
Carbohydrates: 92%
Protein: 5%
Fat: 3%

Exercise: None. Boo hoo!

Pizza encounters: None! (did I scare of Satan?)

No comments:

Post a Comment