Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 5: Gawd, do I have to eat??

I was really busy all day long and didn't have much of a chance to sit down to eat, but I also noticed that I didn't really want much of anything [on the menu, anyway] all day long. I truthfully wasn't that hungry. Dinner was nonetheless annoying, as my husband popped a Di Giorno pizza in the oven; I know they're frozen and that it's highly illegal to like such things, according to the food police, but it smelled soooo goooood. I had my plate of grapes instead. Yum.

Writing now on Wednesday morning (Day 6), I'm still not hungry even though my caloric intake was way down yesterday (*not by as much as I thought though. I spotted a calculation error.). I think there's something going on inside, some kind of rearranging the furniture, bunsen burners firing up, because it's not like me to not want to eat. I'll force feed myself something in a minute ... ugh. I'm really trying to drink tons and tons of water, as much as possible, but my hydration level isn't budging, no siree. I must need a lot of water to expiate all those sins.

One thing that has jumped out at me over the last week is that all my favorite TV shows have something to do with food: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Last Restaurant Standing, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, Bizzarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, Biggest Loser. What gives? I guess I've got issues ... I can't help but laugh! I've managed to still watch some of them without caving in.

I did, however, go to McDonalds today
I know, it's just awful isn't it? I arrived really early for my doctor appointment (standard thyroid garbage), kid in tow, so I took him for a small ice cream. The fries just about killed me, but we all survived. I didn't have anything (just to be clear) but I'm not a raw food mom who never lets her kid have anything "bad". I'm not forcing everyone to adopt my outsider ways at this point. Our trips to McDonalds are few and far between (we're all veg anyway, so can't really have much there). We did have a play in the Playland area, and actually laughed inside McDonald's, can you imagine? Still a bit torturous though ... Those fries really are to die for.

Mmmm mmmm good!
This morning I made a smoothie of two mangoes and one giant tree collard leaf from my garden. Took a swig and then noticed that it smelled faintly like stale cat feces. I smelled it about 10 times, wanting to be sure I wasn't going crazy, and finally dumped it out. "When in doubt, throw it out!" says the tried-and-true food service mantra. What a shame! ... probably $3.50 onto the compost mountain. What I'm not sure of is if it actually had feline residue on it or if mango/collard is just a poopey combination. I did brave another, well washed collard leaf in a banana smoothie later in the day and it was fine, if a bit too fibrous.

Food Day 5:
1 cup grapefruit juice (in a big hurry)
2 burro bananas
1 small watermelon
Smoothie of 1 collard leaf and 3 burro bananas
9.75 oz (2 cups?) red globe grapes

Calories: 689 (yikes!)
Carbohydrates: 92%
Protein: 5%
Fat: 3%

Sleep: About 8 hours

Exercise: None to speak of

Note: Since I'm not a good night blogger and tend to do it piecemeal, I've decided to post each day on the following day (inasmuch as I'm able to do so).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your bloglink :) I've enjoyed catching up on your journey so far.

    Smoothies are the only way I manage to get in the calories I need. Maybe that will change one day, but I doubt it.

    It took me a few weeks to get my caloric count up to where it should be. Getting in 1500-2000 calories on fruit was strange at first. Now I rarely come in under 2000.

    Congrats on overcoming the fries :)

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, interesting. Yeah, I can't figure how not to do the smoothies either really at this point, although I make it a point to EAT something every day.

    Thanks for reading, Sarah!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete