Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14: When will my skin get better?

My skin is rough all over my forehead. I'm still waiting to see the benefits in terms of skin improvement, but I'm pretty certain, from past experience, that they will come.

I wanted to exercise today. Took the kids to the gym even where they have childcare, but the childcare was all full (all those New Year's resolution crazies) so I came home instead.

I'm getting tired and cranky in the afternoons, which is always my hardest time, craving wise. Unfortunately, that's also the time that the kids come home -- unfortunately for them, that is, since I'm not exactly a barrel of monkeys in the afternoons. Thank heavens for PlayStation, that's all I can say. (Perfect mom? Not!)

I remember Sarah saying in her Going Bananas blog that you have to be patient with this lifestyle. And I am. But that doesn't make it fun or easy.

I am doing better on drinking tons of water, and it looks like my hydration level is starting to rise. I notice my lips are dry a lot like I'm dehydrated, even though I'm drinking liquids all day long. I guess it's just my body replenishing. Interesting.

Food:
  • 4 cups grapefruit juice
  • 2 bananas, 1 GIANT asian pear (about a pound)
  • Smoothie (good!): 3 mangoes, 1 papaya, lettuce (308 g); 1 small avocado
Calories: 1630
Carbohydrates: 81%
Protein: 5%
Fat: 14%

Exercise:
  • Ran up and down my stairs 20 times out of desperation.
  • Home ab workout (I need to strengthen my abs big time to get over some of my injuries, but I actually hate doing ab work).
Pizza Encounters (get this!):
  • Took my kids to the pizza place for a slice after the failed gym attempt because I was in too cranky a mood to want to deal with cooking when I got home. It smelled good and was annoying, of course, but I was already in a foul mood anyway, so it didn't really matter.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect mom, does such an animal exist? LOL! :)

    I have the same issues with my forehead skin and my abs. Do you have an ab workout that you recommend (no crunchs, please).

    The lips dehydrating may just be due to the very dry winter air, particularly if you have a heating system that blows hot dry air.

    ReplyDelete