Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 9-10: Busting some nuts with my extra energy

I saw my friends Gareth and Valentina on Saturday who put on a nice, small gathering with a couple other of Valentina's friends and their kids. There were seven kids, so they all got to play, pretty well self-policed, for the afternoon. Valentina -- bless her heart -- bought some pizzas for everyone (but me! boo hoo!). Naw, seriously, I knew that part wouldn't be fun, but have also totally accepted that there are going to be moments like that. Pizza aside, I had a really nice time. Good company, good conversation.

Gareth did teach me a useful skill: How to crack nuts with your bare hands. I think this is a skill every woman should have. ;-) Of course, Gareth makes it look so easy in this video, whereas I had to struggle and struggle (but I did eventually manage it).


Lest you think I am encourage raw food over-indulgence via the egregious portrayal of Gareth and his nuts, let me say that I post this information only to illustrate a skill that I never knew was possible, and only for your viewing pleasure.

Day 9 Food:
  • 4 cups grapefruit juice
  • 1 pineapple (654 g)
  • 1 oz. brazil nuts
  • Smoothie: Spinach - 1/2 large head, 2 bananas. NASTY! I made a bunch more than this but could only stomach half of it without resorting to the vomit chamber. 1 large avocado. 1 walnut. 1 apple.
Calories: 1489
Carbohydrates: 64%
Protein: 6%
Fat: 30%

Day 10 Food:
  • 4 cups grapefruit juice
  • Smoothie (actually a nice combination): 2 keitt mangoes (326 g), 3 d'anjou pears (450 g), box of blueberries, supposed to be 6 oz but actually only 5-7/8 -- thieves! -- which is 134 g; large head of romaine.
  • 3 bananas
Calories: 1294
Carbohydrates: 92%
Protein: 5%
Fat: 3%

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's the method I use for opening fresh pecans. I've never tried it with walnuts before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, great to follow your 811 journey! I'm also a high fruit low fat raw vegan although not strictly 811 yet. Thanks also for the interesting video - no doubt it will improve hand and forearm strength too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading, Sarah & Raw Oz. Nice to know I'm not writing just for myself. :-)

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete