Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18: Don't make me eat that again!

Uh oh, I'm on a dangerous slope ... I can't stand my food! It's completely revolting. What to do, what to do?

I thought of a few options:
  1. Throw in the towel completely.
  2. Go out for an expensive gourmet raw meal, thereby breaking the bank and whatever semblance I have left of the 80/10/10 ratio.
  3. Suffer through the agony and hope it miraculously goes away.
  4. Fast.
I may opt for number 4. I'll keep you posted.

Done with today in any case. Couldn't help but eat some nuts and avocado today, as bananas have a high upchuck factor and I have lots of those that need eating (managed a few).

This is probably the most difficult stage I've been through with this diet, which is a bit odd seeing as I'm almost three weeks into it. As difficult and just plain awful as it is right now, I'm actually curious to see if I can work through it, or if it just remains horrendous from here on out. However, I've made it to 21 days before, and I remember the same feeling when I finally gave up last time, a feeling that I just literally cannot eat the food without getting sick.

That's why I'm thinking maybe it's my body telling me to fast? That could just be a bunch of crazy raw food hoo-ha propaganda. It could be that the food actually is crap.

Food:
4 cups grapefruit juice (8 grapefruits)
Smoothie: 3 bananas, 1/2 bunch of spinach, 3 d'anjou pears
1.5 oz. brazil nuts, 1/2 avocado
1/2 cup snap peas, 1/2 red bell pepper

Calories: 1463
Carbohydrates: 70%
Protein: 6%
Fat: 24%

Exercise:
Nada. Kids at home with me all day. Raining and sleeting outside.

1 comment:

  1. keep it up, it will be worth it in the end. very interesting blog :)

    ReplyDelete